Hey dolls! Ever since my “Buns of Fun” post (a mere 2 days ago), I haven’t been able to stop thinking about cute, easy updo’s to try out this season. Luckily, celebs like Julianne Hough, Reese Witherspoon, and the Queen B herself have provided ample inspiration in the ponytail department.
The lovely ladies pictured below have each put their own spin on the look, but not without taking extensive notes from America’s original iconic sweetheart, Barbie.
If you’re feeling similarly inspired and looking to perk up your ponytail this Spring, listen up.
(Via Glamour.com) It should come as no surprise that this immaculate hairstyle comes from Redken’s Guido – we got the dish on how to re-create this ‘do:
1. After washing hair, apply texturizing blow dry gel to damp hair.
2. Brush through from roots to ends with a round brush.
3. Pin hair into rollers and let cool.*
4. Pull hair into a smooth ponytail right (no part) and secure with an elastic.
5. Wrap a 1 to 2″ piece of hair around the elastic and secure underneath the ponytail with bobby pins to conceal the elastic.
6. Around the hairline, apply a smoothing serum like Redken’s Glass 01 and make sure all baby hairs are down for a smooth, sleek look.**
(*If you’re in a hurry, you could probably blow dry, slick back, pin up and then use a wide-barrel curling iron to give one or two big curls to the end of the ‘tail. **Spritzing the smoothing serum on a little comb then brushing through will help prevent stiff helmet head.)